To link your BoxLock with your Yahoo! email accounts. follow the steps below:
- In your BoxLock App select "Connect Email Accounts"
- Select "Add"
- Select "Connect Custom Account"
- Fill out the form:
- Under "Host" enter the imap for Yahoo! (imap.mail.yahoo.com)
- Enter your Yahoo! email address (Required)
- Enter your Yahoo! email password (Required, Depending on your Yahoo! security settings, this may require an app generated password.)
- Select "Add Account" and you're all set! (If you are still not seeing a successful scan, please see the next section)
Additional Yahoo! Security Settings
Yahoo! has recently updated their service to remove access via username and password over IMAP by default for all new accounts. This guide will walk you through changing that setting in your account so that you can start securing your deliveries with your Yahoo! E-Mail Address.
- Follow THIS LINK to go to your Account Security Page (Login to Yahoo! required.)
- In the Account Security Screen, Find "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" and turn it to on. (Grey is off, Blue is on.)
- Prove you are not a Robot by performing tasks only a human could do.
- Effortless Tracking should now be able to successfully scan for tracking numbers in your Yahoo! account.
If you still are unable to achieve a successful scan, chances are you have enabled two-step verification or Account Key on your Yahoo! account previously, you will have to create an app specific password to use as for your login. Please follow this guide for generating a third party app password.
If you find you are still having issues logging in with Yahoo! or trouble with any of the steps in this guide please contact us for further assistance. You can reach us via Chat on the bottom right hand side of your screen, email (email@example.com), or via Facebook / Twitter.