If you are trying to setup your Effortless Tracking account with an email account that uses the IMAP "outlook.office365.com", you will have to create an app password and use that as your password when logging in to Effortless Tracking. Follow the guide below for help with this: (You'll only see this option if your admin has set up multi-factor authentication for your organization. If you don't see this option, contact your Office 365 admin and tell them to turn on multi-factor authentication.)
- Sign in to Office 365 like you normally would.
- Select "Sign in".
- Select "Set it up now."
- Select your authentication method, then follow the prompts on the page.
- After you verify your alternate contact method, select "Next."
- You'll get an app password that you can use with Effortless Tracking.
- If you are using a smartphone, select "Copy Password to Clipboard." Otherwise, transpose this password into your app and proceed to Step 4 of "Adding your Email Account to Effortless Tracking."
If you have done the previous steps already, to create another app password
- Sign in to Office 365.
- Choose Settings > Office 365.
- Choose Security & Privacy > Additional Security Verification.
- Choose "Update My Phone Numbers Used for Account Security."
- At the top of the page, choose "App Passwords."
- Choose "Create" to get an app password.
- If prompted, type a name for your app password (we suggest 'BoxLock'), and click "Next."
- If you are using a smartphone, choose "Copy Password to Clipboard." Otherwise, transpose this password into your app for Step 4 of the guide to Adding your Email Account to Effortless Tracking
BoxLock can now scan your Office365 email account for any tracking numbers and automatically add them to your lock. If you find you are still having trouble getting your Office365 account connected, please contact us for further assistance. You can reach us via chat on the bottom right hand side of your screen, email (email@example.com), or via Facebook / Twitter.