Setting up your BoxLock app for the first time is simple and quick. Your first time opening the BoxLock app (Android, iOS) you will be prompted to setup an account with BoxLock. Setup is easy and quick, just follow this guide for assistance (If you plan to use multiple devices to access your BoxLock, please check out these tips for Using your BoxLock Across Multiple Devices first):
- When you first open the app it will prompt you to select one of three options:
Sign in with Google (Preferred) - Choose this option to link your Gmail client
Sign up with Email - Choose this option to link any other Email client
Login - Already have an account? Just login
- Follow on screen prompts and provide requested information
Google Users - You will be asked for Gmail account name and password (Both are required for a successful login)
Other Email Users - You will be asked for your Name, Email Address, Zip Code, and a 6 character password. (All fields are required for a successful login)
- You will be offered the Privacy Rights and Agreement, please review and accept to move forward with account creation
- The next screen will ask if you are using BoxLock for Residential or Commercial
Residential - Choose this option if you intend to use BoxLock at your
home address, if you choose this option continue with the guide
Commercial - Choose this option if BoxLock will be used at your place
of business, if you have chosen this option skip to next section
- Fill out the form to "Let your Carriers Know"
- Select the checkbox if you would like us to share your information with the carriers (Recommended for best experience)
- Select "Update Account"
- If you logged in with Gmail, you will be asked if you would like to have your Gmail account automatically connected to Effortless Tracking, for best experience select yes. Follow this link more information about Effortless Tracking.
- You're all set!
If you chose "Commercial" in Step 4
- open your BoxLock "App Menu" (3 horizontal lines in upper left hand corner)
- Find “Edit User Profile”
- Fill out the form to further assist with any technical issues you may have in the future
- You’re all set!
If you are still having trouble with the first time setup process, please contact us for further assistance. You can reach us via Chat on the bottom right hand side of your screen, email (email@example.com), or via Facebook / Twitter.