Creating a new email account for the purpose of setting up Effortless Tracking as well as your carrier accounts (UPS, USPS, FedEx, Amazon) is a great way to help manage your packages even further. This will allow you to keep an inbox with only delivery notifications. Follow the guide below to get setup:
- Create a new email account
- Setup Email Forwarding
- Go to Settings (Looks like a cog in the top right hand corner of your email)
- At the top, select "Forwarding and POP/IMAP"
- Under the first section titled "Forwarding" select "Add a forwarding address"
- Enter the email address you wish to forward to. Select "Proceed"
- A confirmation code will be sent to the address provided to verify permission.
- Go to your inbox that you used for your Forwarding Address, find the email pertaining to "Forwarding Confirmation" and open it up. Inside you will find a a link.
- Clicking the link will verify the mail forwarding address
- Go back to your new inbox in the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" menu
- select "Forward a copy of incoming mail to"
- You should now receive any shipping notifications in both inboxes
- Use this email account to create logins for UPS, USPS, FedEx, and Amazon. Have your shipping notifications sent here.
- Add this email address to your Effortless Tracking
You should now be all set to receive delivery notifications in a secondary email address. If you find you need further assistance, please reach out to us through Intercom on the bottom right hand side of your screen, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or via Facebook / Twitter.