As of 2017, all Apple Mail clients require an additional step for third party software to be able to scan your inbox. To allow Effortless Tracking to automatically collect tracking information you will have to enable two-step verification within your Apple Mail client by generating an App-Specific Password prior to linking your email with Effortless Tracking. Follow the guide below to get setup:
- Go to Appleid.apple.com from your web browser and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Verify your identity with two-factor authentication.
- Select "Security" > "Generate Passwords."
(If you don't see the option to generate app-specific passwords, you'll need to enable two-factor authentication, which is different than two-step verification.)
- Enter a label for the password (We suggest naming it 'BoxLock' for ease of identification).
- Select "Create."
- Copy and paste this app password for step 4(c) in the next set of instructions.
Once you have your app-specific password created and copied, to link your BoxLock with your Apple email accounts. follow the steps below:
- In your BoxLock App, select "Connect Email Accounts."
- Select "Add."
- Select "Connect Custom Account"
- Once prompted, fill out the form as follows:
(a) Under "Host" enter imap.mail.me.com(b) Enter your Apple email address (Required)(c) Enter your Apple email password (Required)
- Select "Add Account"
- You're all set!